Things I've heard the kids say lately part 3,000

Well, it's that time again. When I get out the notebook that I use to chronicle the kids and their musings and share with the world.

I feel like there is no need for an intro. You guys know the drill. Here we go:

Wyatt: Mom! Mom! I superglued my finger to my butt, again....

James Henry: Mom could you put an extra couple books in my book bag today? It's pretty windy out there, and you're always saying I'm going to blow away.

Maisy:  A boy asked me to play basketball with him at school today. I know, I laughed too. Obviously he's never seen me play. He regretted his decision.

James: What's for dinner?
Me: We just had dinner.
James: That wasn't dinner that was a snack.
Me: That was a four course meal!
James: Yeah, a snack. What's for dinner.
Me: Do you have a tape worm?
James: Probably, now what's for dinner.

Wyatt (on the phone calling me from school): Mom, there's a problem with my trousers.
Me: You don't have underwear on, do you?
Wyatt: Nope. And let me reiterate that there's a problem with my trousers....

Violet (speaking to her stuffed animals): No, Tiger five six...No, you don't cut hair that way. You cut it THIS WAY (enter me screaming).

Maisy: I've saved up $40. I think it's enough to ship Wyatt off. I have found a big box, and I saw that commercial that says "If it fits, it ships." So yeah. Let's do this.

James: So, you're serious that we already had dinner?

Wyatt: So, let's just say that someone spilled a gallon of Hawaiian punch in an undisclosed location. What would happen, exactly?

Violet: I'm hiding from you guys. Come find me! (and no one does....)

Wyatt: So then I said, "I'm a man. I do what I want." (conversation I overheard him having with his friends. Don't think I want to know the context of it. And I had to make myself not slap him).

Maisy: Mom. I don't want to babysit for you anymore. No offense or anything, but your kids are jerks. (I wonder if she was including herself in that....)

Violet: I go to Annie's (her babysitter)
Me: You can't it's Saturday
Violet: Annie loves me, she'll be happy to see me.
Me: Annie needs a break from you sometimes.
Violet: No she not! I ray of sunshine.
Me: I thought you were more cloudy day.
Violet: I SUNSHINE! (as she kicks me in the shin and runs off).

James: Mom, can I eat some of your beans for dinner? I'm planning a little payback for Wyatt.

Wyatt: Someday I'm going to move to a big city, and you will all miss me. Except you mom, cause you're coming with me. Forever. You and me mom, for keeps.
Me: I was kind of looking forward to you growing up and moving away and then I would come visit you.
Wyatt: WHy visit when you can live with me? You can do all the stuff you do now: feed me, do my laundry, clean the house.
Me: So, you want a maid?
Wyatt: Oh no, you have to pay for a maid.






Comments

Post a Comment