And your name is?

I've been very lucky to be blessed with Violet. Of course when I found out that I was pregnant with her I cried for like 2 months...but that's another story altogether.
Since she's the 4th child she could really go either way....super awesome baby or evil warlord baby. I'm lucky and she fits into the super awesome baby category.
She even smells awesome. LIKE MAPLE SYRUP. I'M NOT KIDDING. We got her health checked out and she's fine...she just smells rad. !!!!
Anyway....some of you know that Violet has issues in the bathroom. Well, that sounds weird because she wears diapers and hasn't really ever been in a bathroom....so no she has no bathroom phobia's. Ok, now that that's cleared up.
She just can't go "the big job" as Wyatt says (I KNOW...whose kid is he?) without help and crying, and screaming. She normally only does this once or twice a week. It's almost so regular that I could walk up to the calendar and pencil her in for a five o'clock "run down".
SO, I never carry a lot of diapers with me. It's just not needed and when you have 4 kids hanging off of your person, the less baggage the better. Or so I thought.
Today I had to go to Charleston to EIU in order to return my school books. She went with me and was the most wonderful passenger on the way there! Sang little songs to herself, played with her feet, fell asleep (ANGELIC). Even when we got on campus in the stroller and went in the text book return area she was just the best kid in the whole universe. Someone asked me how I got so lucky to get a sweet little girl like her, and I told them that it's because I have 3 other hellions at home and I'm due. :)
Anyway, things were looking out to be a great day! I had visions of us stopping at a coffee house, her in her stroller with a juice cup and me in a chair with a smoothie. Girl talk. Laughs. Giggles. Slobber. A fun time had for all!
This didn't happen.
INstead what transpired was me, standing by the passenger seat of my car with her laying on the seat. Her screaming and flailing. Me trying to change her diaper. She started to have a funny look mid diaper change and I thought to myself, "For the love of Pete, she isn't done yet?" I had gone through all of my diapers BUT ONE! This last one HAD TO LAST! Right as I'm thinking this a truck of construction workers pulls up next to me...naked baby butt in air, me wiping her down, trying to hold her on seat, trying not to let my door hit there truck. And what does she do? She makes a funny sound and shoots crap on me as hard as she can. On me. On the car. On the ground and I think maybe a little bit on the construction truck...but it was muddy...so who knows.
THe guys all looked at me (no freshly covered in crap) and made awful faces and quickly rushed into the gas station....which had a Taco Bell attached...bet I know what they didn't have for lunch.

After this she seemed fine. I got the whole mess cleaned up. Got her strapped in and started on our way.
I decided that I did want that smoothie after all so I went through a driveup....the man at the driveup was looking at me so funny. But I just figured it was because I looked stressed...then I looked at myself. Somehow I had missed a big piece of baby poop...and where was it? Hanging from my bangs. Yep.

I just got done taking my 3rd shower for the day. It's a record.
Oh well, this too shall pass....

Comments