Children and Weddings

My little sister got married yesterday. It was a beautiful wedding. She was gorgeous, the kids were healthy AND BEHAVED ( SHOCKING I KNOW ) and the groom didn't run way! Shew!
However, yesterday was also just about one of the hottest days we have had yet this year. It was 95 in the shade. The humidity was like 1000% and I think I lost like 5 pounds just thinking about sweating. IT was gross. The mosquitos however thought it was fabulous and decided that feasting upon my 3 year old was the right thing to do. Poor guy. He looks terrible. He just tastes so sweet I guess....

CHris had to hold Violet during the wedding because I was singing, and I should have thought about this possibly being a bad combination...but in the hustle and bustle of getting everyone ready (did I mention my van overheated and we had to do a quick 3 minute vehicle shift on our way to Monticello?! It was the fastest chinese fire drill in history. There were carseats being tossed children scampering, bags being thrown, etc., done and done! Chris and I were so super proud of ourselves)
I didn't think about the problem of Violet and Chris both possessing super human sweating abilities.

Chris can sweat while sitting in a warm room...I'm not kidding. He can just sweat by sitting. It's the oddest thing. His whole face breaks out in beads of sweat. Violet is the same way. SOmetimes she starts sweating when she's crawling from the kitchen to the living room...poor kid. I wonder if they make toddler anti-persperant?

So, Chris was holding Violet and she was sweating. He was sweating. By the end of the ceremony they both looked like they had jumped in the pool, but they didn't have excited happy expressions...they pretty much looked like death.

Thankfully Chris had an extra shirt in his truck (just by sheer luck! He didn't think to bring one!) but poor Violet. Violet was stuck wearing her orange cotton dress that didn't "breathe" as cotton is supposed too. PLus, her hair got all crazy curly from the humidity and her face was red. THe kid looked like hell.

Thankfully the reception was indoors and we were all able to cool down. James Henry was desperate for the music to start playing. My little guy is a dancing machine. He has this one move down....it looks a bit like a dog peeing on a fire hydrant..but he owns it. It's hilarious. HE does it so seriously too.

So James did the "move" for quite awhile until he started wanting a dance partner. I danced with him for quite awhile until Violet needed me so he gave up and found his little cousin Clara. He took her by the hand and led her out on the floor. It was SO CUTE. He was even twirling her. Maisy was dancing with Willa....they were all having fun.

Where was Wyatt do you ask? Eating his 4th plate of food UNDER my table of course. UGH.

At the end of the night Wyatt was feeling EXTRA rotten and said to James "Lucy didn't show up to your wedding" and James said, "Lucy loves me! She DOES!" and promptly fell asleep in a chair.

Everyone was tired. IT was a long ride home...followed by a long night of restless sleepers.

Everyone had fun though and everyone survived. That's the important thing. :)

Comments