Someday my house won't smell like pee....I just know it

I hate it when it gets humid outside (so I kinda hate the entire summer in Illinois) because my house starts to smell like an ammonia factory. I clean it like crazy, shampoo carpets, spray air freshener...but ghosts of pee past seems to always foil me.

Having house trained 2 dogs since living here my floors have seen their share of "action" but what frustrates me perhaps the most are the boys in this house. It seems like from the minute little boys learn how to pee standing up there is no safe zone. Here are places I have caught both of my boys peeing:

Vents
Cold Air Return
Garbage Cans
Inside dump trucks (not real ones...although that's probably one of their grand dreams)
Outside FACING the road
In a bottle (when the toilet is RIGHT THERE)

You get the picture. If they can pee there they are going to try it and it's going to be fun! Until mom finds out....
Wyatt did this around 3 and stopped after I discovered him PEEING DOWN THE REGISTER...boy did his room smell bad. IT's like he thought that it was the neatest thing in the world (I guess they never get over that fascination though...)
James Henry has started doing this now. MUCH TO MY DELIGHT!

His favorite thing to do is say, "I have to go potty!" And run full bore, balls to the wall, straight out of the house and drop trow right on the front steps...and just pee...he even leans back into it. Really really works that sucker.

Last night I was sitting in the dining room picking up baby toys and he said from the living room, "Mom, I have to go potty". I said, "Ok, go!" So, he started walking towards me and was getting his little self out and BLAMO it hit him. He just stood there and let fly, wide open....on my dining room carpet. I said, "JAMES HENRY WHAT ARE YOU DOING!?" To which he replied, "Well, the dog does it". !!!!
First of all Bella DOES NOT do that and hasn't done it since she was like 12 weeks old....SERIOUSLY!? Secondly, since when do we do what the dog does?
If we did things because Bella did we would constantly be eating off of the floor and licking ourselves....ew. (I don't know...that kinda sounds like a boy thing too...maybe boys/dogs are alike)

I couldn't yell at him because he did it right outside of Violet's room...so I gave him a lot of serious hand gestures and mad eyes....lots of "the look". He walked off unphased.

I don't know how hard I can be on him though. He did have heat rash and was kinda out of it....so I think that was the main problem....also...he comes from a long line of people that Pee in inappropriate places....of course this usually happens when said people are drunk, but whatever...maybe it's genetic.

OFf to do another round of Carpet freshening.....

Comments