Wait...how many kids to I have again?

This past week has been a week full children at my home. I know, I know...you say, "But that is your house every week." Which alas, is true. However, this week I helped out with my niece, let the kids have a friend over, helped out with some friend's kids and also had my nephew over. Needless to say it looks like my home exploded...it's a level 5 disaster area.

Yesterday I watched my niece Hazel and my nephew Keaton. Thank God Keaton was with me because he was a big helper. Hazel liked him, he liked her. It was fab. The day was going along swimmingly. I put Violet down for a nap and the rest of us (h,k and me) went out side to play. We rode bikes, we stomped around, we jumped on the trampoline...we got HOT. anyway, we were still outside playing when Brett came to pick Hazel up. When they left Keaton said, "Let's ride bikes to the store" because he remembered that I needed to get stuff to make a pasta salad. I said, "Awesome. Sounds great!" About half way to the store, which isn't far from my house...so about 2 1/2 blocks, I squeezed the brakes on my bike as hard as I could and came to a stop. Keaton looked at me and said, "What's wrong?" And I said, "HOLY SHIT WE FORGOT VIOLET". !!!!!
!!!!!
!!!!!

I couldn't believe it. He just started laughing and I thought, "OH GOD his parents are NEVER going to let me watch him again!" Well, she was at home asleep in her crib (which is safe), Bella was out on the front porch warding off potential treats with her terrible stench (and I just gave her a bath!), and my neighbor was home. So, I made the quick decision to just keep on going...because if I didn't do this now, I would have to do it with 5 kids (the store shopping thing) and that's a whole nother blog...

So, we kept on. I rode with the ferocity of a mad woman. Poor Keaton was out of breath when we got to the store. I ran through got the things I need and rushed up to the counter only to have to be stuck behind a woman with like 3000 coupons...and NONE of them were ringing up.

I was saying prayers etc.,

Keaton and I finally got through the line and rushed home. We ran in the house and heard no crying. I peeked in Violet's room and she started stretching and rolled over and smiled at me.

I was never so happy to see that smile.

so, from now on I'm carrying a notebook with a tally sheet of who is with me today.....hopefully that will help...

I had to drink like 3 margaritas to get over that one.

Comments