What's that you sang?

I've forgotten what it's like to have a toddler around. Now that Violet is crawling I have had to pick up all the little tiny pieces of stuff that are rampant in our house.
I don't know why...but I'm pretty sure my house manufactures stuff. It's EVERYWHERE. I wasn't looking forward to her crawling, I have been sending her anti-crawling thought and everything...but nature took it's course and now she's mobile. Big Sad face inserted here.

On another note. I was in the kitchen today when my oldest Maisy *pronounced MayZee...don't pronounce it wrong...she will KILL you* walked by singing a song. It sounded like a Bible school song and so I perked up a little and followed along...this is how it went:
Be brave, be strong. The Lord our God is with you. Be Brave, be strong. There's NOTHING HE CAN DO".
I cocked my head and thought, "Well, that's just about the most depressing song I've ever heard...maybe I didn't hear it right." She sang it again on her way out of the kitchen and it was the same.
Nothing he can do? Well crap! I immediately started laughing to myself and thought, "You better be brave and strong because he's with you but he can't do shit!"
That made me kinda think a little bit...but mostly laugh.

So, I called Maisy into the room and said, "Hey, Maisy...I think the song is supposed to say, "there's nothing he CAN'T do." In which she replied, "Mom, why do you always have to be so serious. It's just a song."
Ok, sing your depressing little bible song. See if I care.

I can't get it out of my head now though...over and over "There's nothing he can do" followed by streams of giggles by me! This is almost as good as the obituary I saw the other day for Gaye Weiner. NO JOKE. A Big Gay Weiner funeral. No lie.

Life is so funny.

Comments