When did my kids get a life?

Today was one of those days that as a parent you just stop and think, "this is going really really fast." Most days I sit and pray a lot for it to go really really fast, but then there are days like today.
Opening baseball season day! We had a parade, James Henry couldn't manage to walk (much like his brother back in the day) and rode in the back of our double stroller. He waved though, so I said that we were a float. :)
Maisy marched in the parade with no complaints, but she's a tough one.

After the parade we had to HAUL ASS back to our house. You see today is a day full of baseball and birthday parties....and just one parent to manage it all. (chris is golfing)

As I power walked and pushed that stroller Maisy had to stop. She just c ouldn't keep up with my break-neck pace. We had to get home to take Wyatt to a birthday party ( he was on a scooter and had no issues). Eventually Maisy stopped at a friend of ours house and sat on their front step and said, "Go on with out me! Just don't forget to come back and get me."
So, I left sweaty Maisy and continued jogging home. Wyatt and I loaded up in the van, grabbed his present and hurried to the birthday party.
I happily dropped mr. difficult off and came back home to grab James's ball glove and went up to the field for his first game. (oh and I did remember to pick Maisy back up by the way)
The game went great! He hit the ball each time and remembered to run to first base! He got a little ancy towards the end, but for a 3 year old he did pretty good. He almost tipped over in his batting helmet though, I don't know if he could see or not....that thing was HUGE.

I went and picked WYatt up from the party during James's game (which sent James into hysterics... :( ) and hurried back to the field. I bribed Wyatt with pepsi and ring pops to be good and quiet and then I sent him home with my mom and dad. : )

Now we are home, just had lunch, James Henry had EXPLOSIVE diarhea all over the bathroom (nerves I think) and we are prepping for the next birthday party....then it's Maisy's ball game.

Maisy is going to her Aunt's tonight to spend the night to have sewing lessons and fun.

So. Ok. The last time I went to a birthday party....played in a softball game...and spent the night somewhere (probably not with an aunt but whatev) was when I was 23...I think when I met Chris.

The only kinda fun I have now is when someone takes my children for the evening and I can take a bath.
How does this happen? How do they get a social calendar busier than mine?
I just want to be a kid again. :)

Comments