Past the Point of No Return

This morning when I went into Violet's room to get her out of her crib (after her 3 minute chorus of MAMA MAMA MAMA) I discovered something interesting....as I went to pick her up her little butt felt MUCH smaller.

Now, most of you probably think "Boy that's weird...she's feeling her baby's butt up" or "Are you sayin your baby has a big booty?" And the answer would be yes to both. Feelin her up for possible diaper leakage and also yes SHE DOES HAVE A BIG BOOTY. She has JUNK in her trunk. The kid has a honky tonk badonk a donk. She gets that from her dad, of course....

Anyway, I thought to myself "Hmm...what's this about" and she just smiled at me...and sitting next to her was her diaper. She was naked from the waist down. She giggled and said "Uh Oh" . Yep. Uh oh is right. THanks be to God all she had done was pee all over her crib. I don't even want to think of what could have happened in there....

I got her all cleaned up, crib cleaned up, room febreezed and went on with my day but then later stopped to think about this incident. She's figuring out how to take her clothes off....this opens a whole new chapter in my life as a mother.

Why a new chapter? Oh because lots of things tend to happen when your baby starts undressing herself. Aside from the bathroom issues there are also the public nudity issues (which James Henry is still the master of at are house) and the constant question of, "I know she was wearing pants...I just know it...now where are they...???"

However, with the whole peeing in her crib I couldn't help but be reminded of my oldest daughter Maisy and what we went through potty training her. Maisy has always been exceptionally smart but also exceptionally stubborn....so potty training was early and pretty easy...but on HER terms. I remember after a particularly long day of her not wanting to go in the potty, but in her pants I freaked out and yelled at her (and also used some hand waving for emphasis) and said, "DO NOT GO POTTY IN YOUR PANTS....ANYMORE!" Hand waving in between pants and anymore for primo effect.

I went downstairs for the night (this having taken place right at bedtime) and was attempting to read a book. I kept hearing giggling coming from upstairs. So, after about 10 minutes I marched up there ready to read the riot act...but what I saw made my hand fly over my mouth and it was all I could do to not laugh.

Maisy was standing in her crib (she was just 2) completely naked. Her clothes were laying on the floor...all except for her underpants which she held in her hands. Pee was EVERYWHERE. All over her bedding. She looked at me straight in the face and said, "I WILL NOT GO POTTY IN MY PANTS ANYMORE!" and then she promptly threw her underwear at me.

All I could think of was, "I won't go in my pants but I will sure as hell go in my bed"...I just know that is what she was thinking. She even used the SAME hand motions as I had done.

I went downstairs and laughed really hard. Then I returned to her room and cleaned up the mess. It was a sign of things to come...

So, it was with much chagrin that I lifted Violet out of her crib, in all her naked butt glory, and said, "Please...Please...Please...don't act like your sister" and she said, "Uh Oh".

Comments