Wyatt finds his purpose....

I have been struggling with quite sometime to find something that my oldest son Wyatt would enjoy doing. We tried football (which the kid is built for he is SOLID) and he didn't like it...said it wasn't fun because he couldn't tackle (it was flag). He didn't like baseball, too boring (I kinda have to agree there...) He doesn't want to do theatre, he doesn't want to play soccer (too much running)....what does he want to do?
Sit. Sit at the computer. Sit in front of the tv. Just sit.

It's so frustrating.

This summer Maisy is in a play and playing softball *which she detests but she loves her coach* and James is in a play and playing T-Ball *which he thinks is the most wonderful thing in the whole wild world*. What is Wyatt doing?
Tagging along and being Wyatt. Not listening, doing stuff he shouldn't, dissapearing, annoying other people...just being Wyatt.

I asked him this morning what he wants to do and he told me that he wants to learn how to fence. We live in corn country, to my knowledge there isn't a lot of fencing going on here....aside from the sword fighting we do with his nerf swords and let me tell you. I think I missed my calling, I'm a MANIAC with those things!

So, I have been trying desperately to find a fencing club or something to interest him. This morning he walks up to me and says, "Mom, did you know I'm a psychopath." I said, "Well, I've always kind of suspected but no...." He just looked at me funny. So then I said, "Wyatt, do you know what a psychopath is?" and he said, "Sure, someone who can see the future." I said, "Oh honey, that's a PSYCHIC....trust me psychopath is completely on a different playing field." He then says, "Well, ok whatever (and I truly hope that he understood the whole psychic thing or he's gonna be running around saying 'did you know I'm a psychopath?' to total strangers...)
"anyway, mom, I know what's going to happen today. BUT I'm not going to tell you. You can see tomorrow if I'm right."
I said, "SOunds kinda fishy to me. If you don't tell me what is going to happen to me today right now, won't you already know tomorrow what happened to me?" I know..that was actually hard to type and I am still wrapping my head around it.

He says, "Ok, here is what is going to happen. You are going to feed and change Violet, she's going to cry. James is going to mess up the driveway that you just picked up. Maisy is going to hurt me, I think by kicking, and Dad is going to say that we are freaking him out".
Well, this is actually a pretty good prediction...but I think that anyone could come up with this upon spending a day at our house. But I humored him and said, "Maybe when you are bigger you can have my tarot cards" and he says, "Mom, I don't need that hokey stuff...I've got this" and points to his brain with his eyes closed...."you just don't even know the stuff that is going on in here."

HOLY CRAP WAS HE RIGHT. I DON'T!

So, I don't know if Wyatt is going to have his own psychic network but I do know this, the kid has charisma. At some point he is going to find something legitimate that he's good at and it's going to be something else....it's just getting him to that point.

OH, and my vacuum died. :( He didn't predict that though.

Comments