Mom, look! A frog!

Growing up with 2 sisters I did girl things. We played barbies, we played My little Pony, we played house, we played dress up. We made each other look like clowns with mom's makeup....well...I made my sister look like a clown with mom's make up. :)
We did play outside a lot and climb around in the old dairy barns that were no longer used, but bottom line was that we were girly.

Whenever we would go to my mom's friends house to play we would be so excited to get to play with the boy toys that were there (not actual "boy toys" but toys that belonged to boys...thought I better clarify that one).
Guns, He-Man figurines, legos...boy stuff.

SO, when I had my boys I was kinda stumped as to what boys do....thankfully boys just tell you what they do. They want cars. They want tractors. And they want Mud. AND they want frogs. Frogs frogs frogs.

YUCK and double yuck.

I was mopping my floor this morning with Pine Sol when James Henry came in and said, "Mama, I found something outside see?" I was too busy to look up and said, "Uh huh, yes.. cool." To which James answered, "Can I keep it and play in here." "Um, yes..sure honey...sounds good."

I went to the sink and was soaking my rag in pine sol when I felt something brush across my foot. I just assumed that I Bella had gone by wagging her tail and I said, "Bella, get out of here I'm mopping." I got down on my hands and knees and started scrubbing.

I heard James from the other room say, "Mama, I'm playing tractors now...can you watch Herman?" I said, "Ok, who's Herman?" And he said, "Herman, my frog." RIGHT AS HERMAN decided to make himself known and jumped up in my face and across my hand. Sending me into the biggest tizzy seen in these parts since the Blue Sharpie incident. I couldn't speak. I was just making sounds. I was jumping up and down. Rag waving in the air, words attempting to make sense but mostly sounded like, "OMG JAMES! OMG! JAMES! FROG! HELP!"

James came running in and said, "MAMA! STOP THAT! You will scare Herman!"

He quickly grabbed Herman as I said, "TAKE THAT THING OUTSIDE!"
To which James Henry answered, "Mama, he's a lot smaller than you. Don't worry. Come on Herman, let's go back outside."

Next time I'm going to pay attention when James asks me if he can keep something.

I'm going to go give myself my 3rd bath of the day now. Yuck!

Comments

Post a Comment