The day before School Starts....

Twas the day before school starts and all through the house, everyone was stirring...possibly even a mouse (although I'm hoping that's not true).
The book bags were stacked on the porch all ready to go, in hopes that tomorrow they will not be forgotten at home.
The children were all playing outside in the yard and trying to kill each other by throwing blunt objects at each other's heads.
With me in my sweat pants and Vi in her jammies, I had just settled in for a nice cup of coffee.
When out on the lawn their arose such a clatter! I tore myself from facebook to see what was the matter.
Away to the porch I flew like a flash, tripped over a combine and fell right on my ass.
The sun shining brightly on our freshly mowed grass caused temporary blindness and another toe I did smash (thank you tractor collection).
When what to my glazed over/half blinded eyes should appear but a 4 year old little boy and a bloody skid steer (toy). I knew in a moment that it must be some serious shit.
More rapid than eagles his brother and sister they came. The screamed and they shouted and called him some names. "Nerd, Jerk, big old meany, crap head, ankle bighter, crummy pants mcpanserton" " "He jumped off the porch and came up at me fast. Maisy said "He hit me in the eye, now look at this gash!" "We are telling we are telling we are telling it all!"
As dry leaves that before the wild hurricane fly, when they meet with an obstacle, mount to the sky,So up to the house-top Maisy and Wyatt did run.
with fists a pumping that made me tell James Henry to run.
And then, in a twinkling, I heard on the roof the clomping and stomping of someone's little foot (feet). (Jame Henry trying to make an escape)
As I tried to wrap my head around this, and was turning around,up the stairs Maisy went with a bound. She was dressed in gym clothes looking all athletic, and her face was all tarnished with blood from her cut.
A bundle of weapons she had flung on her back,

And she looked like she was going to whip some ass.

her eyes how they flamed, her dimples were scary! His cheeks were like roses, her nose like a cherry! (mostly from the blood running down her face from the skid steer accident).

Her pretty little mouth was drawn up in a sneer,


sHe had a broad face and a little round belly,

That shook, when she yelled like a bowlful of jelly.

SHe wasn't chubby or plump, a normal little girl....but she looked kinda frightening and I screamed when I saw her, in spite of myself;

A wink of Wyatt's eye and a nod of his head,

Soon gave me to know I had nothing to dread;

He spoke not a word, but went straight to his work,

ran upstairs and broke up the fight and brought down those little jerks.

And giving them both the finger up the stairs he rose (I assume to go to his room for the whole finger thing...and to relax from the skid steer smack down)

I sprang into action, gave my team a whistle (which was more like yelling a lot),

And away they all flew like the down of a thistle.

And as they ran quickly out of my site I exclaimed "HAPPY SCHOOL YEAR TO ALL! AND TO ALL A GOOD NIGHT!"

Comments