What's that you say?

Sometimes I feel like an interpreter for James Henry. Most people don't understand his speech (and he started late and is kinda just getting going...so this is understandable)...so often times he will say something like, "Can you go get my big yellow truck" but it sounds like, "Can you get me my big fellow chuckt?" Which can bring on some stares....

I have gotten pretty good at figuring out what he is saying and I usually repeat it back to him, just to be safe. He's pretty patient about repeating himself and even kind of laughs, so at least he doesn't get mad about it.

This morning he threw me a curve ball. He came into my bathroom (you know, the place where I'm not allowed to be alone) with something in his mouth and I said, "Hey, buddy. What's in your mouth." To which he answered, "A turd ball."

I paused and thought, "Ok, I'm not hearing this right....please God tell me I'm not hearing his right." SO I asked him, "what is in your mouth?" And he very patiently said again, "A turd Ball." So I countered that with, "Where did you get it?" And he says, "From the porch."

Ok. Moment of terror. I left Bella out on the porch (enclosed porch) by accident last night. And although she very very rarely has accidents, it can happen. I also didn't think that James would actually eat poop...but stranger things have happened at our house.

I ran out to the porch and saw no afore mentioned "turd balls"...but I did see a package of NERD BALLS laying on the floor.
"James Henry are you eating this candy? These Nerd Balls?" to which he replied, "Yes, mama I told you already"

Well, I have to say I was relieved...I had all kinds of scenarious going through this head of mine. I guess I'm not as good as understanding him as I thought.

Off to find that big fellow chuckt.

Comments