This is funny.....right?

Yesterday I had one of those moments that while it is happening you say to yourself, "Ok, this will be funny someday...just keep it together." Of course it's hard to keep it together when your one year old is in the bathroom covered in the "super big poop job" that her 4 year old brother just did.

I was doing some homework on the computer and James came up to me and said, "Mom, I've gotta poop the big one." I just nodded and he went on his way. Five minutes later he comes out of the bathroom and says, "Weebie's playing in the toilet." Horror. Pure HOrror. Nasty Halloween trick he played on me. I sat there and thought, "Did I hear that toilet flush?" I said, "Did you flush the toilet?" he answered, "Noooooo."

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

I ran like a crazy person, and completely stubbed my toe on the piano but I had no time to experience that pain, and flung the bathroom door open. The site that I saw is one that I wish to NEVER EVER see again.

Poop. Poop all over the toilet seat. Poop all over the walls. Poop on the floor. Poop on Violet's clothes, hands, hair, IN HER MOUTH.

I wanted to throw up. I really did. I grabbed Weebie and held her at an arms length and rushed to the bath tub. That was a bath probably hotter than a baby should be taking....Then I made her try listerine...she doesn't like that, AT ALL.

Thankfully Wyatt was home (due to a terrible stomach flu that seemed to be ok as soon as I called the school and told them that he wasn't coming) and he came to my rescue and sat with Violet in the bathroom, after she was clean of course...her second bath...the first was not a bath you would want to sit in.

I ran to the kitchen bathroom and started cleaning. I cussed. I cussed a blue streak. I was so mad.

I get the mess cleaned up, get Weebie in clean clothes and decide to go take a break and sit for a minute. On the way to the living room I pass James. He is also covered in poop....and has been sitting on my couch.

After all of that is cleaned up and taken care of Chris walks in the door. He says, "You know. After I get all the bills paid for the month, if we have a little extra money left over I was thinking I could take the kids to a hotel...you know, the kids and I could swim and play and stuff. And you could stay home and clean."

Now, I don't think he was meaning to be a jerk. But I didn't take that very well. Especially after what I had just been through. I Found myself wishing I would have saved some of that crap so I could throw it at him.

Comments