Pain killers and booby traps

I pinched a nerve in my back. Well, I don't think that I personally pinched a nerve...but I have a sneaky suspicion a 33 pound 1 year old did. All the lifting, chasing, dashing, deflecting, carrying of Violet has just been murder on my old back. If she would have been my first child, I would have had no more. Hand to God serious.

SO, I broke down and went to the dr, because I thought I had kidney stones again, and got some pain killers.

Now, I can only take pain killers if someone else is home or if the kids are asleep. SO, that means I can only take them past 10. I didn't want to take them past 10.

So, I set booby traps.

I barricaded myself and Violet in the living room, thank you big gate, and padded everything around me with stuffed teddy bears. Violet liked this because she's a bear fanatic. After she realized that she was locked in the living room shd started getting pissed. When she gets pissed she throws things.

What did she throw? Teddy Bears. Yep. It was the sweetest little fight I've ever been in. I was getting cute smack downs by fluffy bears. Booby trap #1, SUCCESS.

Booby trap #2 involved a trail of goldfish that I left from the front door to the kitchen table....where a spread of turkey cutlets was laid out. THe kids came home from school, followed the gold fish trail, ate the turkey and were soon laying on the floor in the living room...asleep. Booby trap #2 SUCCESS.

Booby trap #3 involved a big bottle of Franziskaner beer..well..3...that were cooled in the fridge with a note to Chris saying, "Please, drink me. Sit out here in the quiet garage and enjoy me."
Booby trap #3 also a wonderful success. He drank 3 bottles and promptly fell asleep.

Thank goodness that there was no house fire that day because we were all passed out, at 4:00 in the afternoon.

It was awesome. I need to set booby traps more often. :)

Comments

  1. very clever Kel! I am filing all of your great ideas away for the day that Terry gets over his fear of kids and decides that it is time to start a family!

    Although, I think that you and I are both crazy for choosing Chris and Terry for that job...haha

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment