Thanksgiving

Who gets sick before Thanksgiving? You got it. All of my kids. Puking, crapping, fevering, whining, crying. That was them. Up until about 11:59 Thanksgiving eve and then they all made miraculous recoveries, which was awesome! This also meant that we were able to go to my parents for Thanksgiving in order to visit my sister's and their families, my grandparents and my parents.

If you can believe it, there were no catastrophe's. This is actually somewhat of a dissapointment for me because it means I lost a bet. BUT it did make for a nice Thanksgiving. So, instead of amusing you with crazy things that the kids did, I thought I would just quickly jot down some of the things I heard them say.

James Henry: What's Thanksgiving? Wyatt: It's when we say thank you for turkey and pie. James Henry: But I don't like Turkey or pie. Wyatt: Then keep your mouth shut.

James Henry: Do we do anything fun today? Wyatt: I think we should blow stuff up.
James Henry: That sounds good. Let's blow stuff up.

During the Thanksgiving prayer James came running in from the designated children's table area (the far porch) yelling, "Oooh Lawd. Ooooh Lawd" in a black man's southern accent. Stole the show.

Maisy: I'm thankful for everyone except for my brothers.

Wyatt: Mom, there are OYSTERS in that stuffing. That's like eating snot.

Me: BLOW THINGS UP? That's hilarious! Enter Willa.... Willa: Yeah. Funny. NOT.
Me: It is funny! Don't you think? Willa: Only if you're stupid.

Maisy: I called that turkey leg. If anyone else touches my turkey leg I'm going to start telling knock knock jokes. Bad ones.

Chris: We are out of alcohol. I REPEAT WE ARE OUT OF ALCOHOL (he promptly took a nap in protest).

Wyatt: (I walked in on this one) and that is why every year we beat the turkey.
Me:...Um...beat the turkey? Wyatt: Yep. You told me that the pilgrims beat a turkey with the indians to say thank you. Me: NOT BEAT THE TURKEY...they would EAT a turkey.

For the rest of my life I will forever have images of people running around with clubs beating the hell out of turkeys on Thanksgiving day.

Hope you all had a good one. :)

Comments