Violet the terrible

Sometimes I look forward to going to bed at night and really super dread waking up in the morning. It's not that I don't want to live or anything, it's that I know that each new day brings new things that Violet can do....destroy....

This is my day yesterday.
Violet wakes up. Violet crawls on top of table, knocks everything down, shatters a vase. I forgot to put the gate up.

Gate is now up. She can't get into kitchen.

Violet slides behind the couch, which is no easy trick because that girl has her daddy's butt, and says a quick destructive hello to my floor lamp. She knocked it down and shattered it as well.

Mess cleaned up. Gate now in place in the living room.

Violet runs upstairs and finds Maisy's paint set. The lids WERE screwed on the paint (maisy swears) and proceeds to paint herself, the carpet, the walls, the dog.
Thank goodness for washable paint.

Mess cleaned up. Stairway now gated.

Violet climbs on top of piano, flings down all my pictures, breaks 2...and somehow gets something gooey in my piano keys.

Mess cleaned up. Barricaded her into her bedroom.

She plotted.

She sat. She thought. She plotted.

She built a ramp over my barricade, using mostly stuffed animals. She conquered my barricade, destroyed it and moved to the front porch where she knocked down the coat rack and tossed all coats through out the porch.

If she would have been my first kid I would have NEVER had another. People keep running into me and saying, "man, you look great have you lost weight." Well, I did loose 20 pounds this summer, but I haven't lost anymore since then...I think all this chasing/running/cleaning/deflecting is getting me into shape!
I think I would rather be flabby.

Comments