The Great Goldfish Debaucle of 2011

In hindsight I should have seen it coming. Violet. 3 bags of Goldfish crackers, opened but still full, sitting in plain sight on the counter. I have to admit that I'm a bit disappointed in myself, normally I scan the house for any "violet hazards" and have managed to keep her from destroying lots and lots of things.
However, in my defense I had extra kids tonight and I wasn't on my game.

Violet didn't nap today. I laid her down for her nap and she sat in her crib and talked. For an hour. Just talked up a storm for her bears, which was really cute but I knew would end in catastrophe. When Violet doesn't nap she actually SPEEDS UP instead of slows down. It doesn't make sense, but that's how she works. SO by 5:00 she was moving close to the speed of light.

James Henry's little girlfriend Lucy was needing some assistance getting her favorite show on the living room TV, so I went to help her....I saw the goldfish out of the corner of my eye and said, "Hey, who left all those bags of goldfish out?" Of course not a soul answered me, leaving me to come to the conclusion that the goldfish had just magically appeared on my counter.
"OK, well whatever you guys do, don't take the kitchen gate down. I'm helping Lucy and I don't want Violet in the kitchen without me."

I shouldn't have said a word. Those little angelic children of mine misunderstood me and thought I said, "Please take the gate down, I want Violet in the kitchen without me." Seriously. Seriously? That is their current defense. I can't believe that they are even trying that.

I got Lucy's show on and made my way to the kitchen, noticing the gate that was no longer in place. "Hey, who took the....SHIT". There were goldfish crackers EVERYWHERE. It looked like my kitchen had gotten seriously ill and thrown up goldfish crackers. Rainbow goldfish crackers at that! It was a colorful explosion of fish. On the counter, on the table, in the sink, in my junk drawer, in the cabinet, all over the floor, in my SHOES, crunched up into little crumbs and tossed into the air. And Violet was nowhere in sight. I stood there in the doorway and had a small nervous breakdown, in fact I think my eyes might still be twitching, and hollered for Violet. After about 15 seconds she peeked around my bedroom door and looked at me. No expression. Just looked. I said, "Did you do this!?" And she said, "No No mama!" and shook her head. "Are you sure you didn't do this Violet?" She ran off into my bedroom. I followed her and there she was, attempting to frame James Henry. She was actually putting empty goldfish bags underneath James's pillow (we have an emergency toddler bed in our room for nights that James has a nightmare).

"What are you doing!?" I said, attempting to be serious. And this is what she said, "James bad." It sounded more like Sames Bad because she calls him Sames...but still, I got the picture. One for the record books really, the younger sibling is caught in the act framing the older. I JUST KNEW IT. Lydia did this to me when I was younger, and I have my doubts about Katey as well...now that I have seen the younger sibling in action.

Either way. I ventured back into the kitchen silently hoping that it had magically cleaned itself. But alas, this was not the case.
However, James Henry, my night in shining armor quickly came to my rescue armed with the vacuum. "I help mama! I help you! I save you!" He did too. That little guy knows how to run a vacuum. He had the kitchen cleaned up lickety split, when he was done he said, "THAT WAS SO FUN! Weebie knows how to have a good time!" Little does he know that she's out to get him.



!!!!!!!

Comments