Wait...are you cussing at me?

I cuss like a sailor. All of my friends know it. I blame Chris. Before I met Chris I said the occasional *shit* or damn....but really didn't cuss that much. Chris entered my life and introduced me into a whole new world of language. My love for cussing was born...I eased into the f word...it took me a couple of years but then BAM. We were best friends. I say it all of the time..... I know..it's sad. My love affair with cussing is sick.... I don't think I could give it up.

This can pose a bit of a problem when you have children. Yep. Eventually I decided to refer to cuss words as "Mommy's words". The kids know not to stay them, or face my wrath....but they comment on them all of the time. "Mom, you really shouldn't use your words." My favorite thing is when they do something that would normally induce cussing, like stub your toe or something, because the kids will then say, "OH MAN! Mommy's words!"

Why aren't these known as daddy's words? Why am I getting the credit for all of this? ...... I don't know if I'm ready to accept that fact yet.

Well, long story short is... I'm pretty sure Violet is cussing at me. Yep. It's all my fault. She does it with flair too...usually a toss of the hair, and really really nasty looks. When she gets mad she stands there, puts her fists down by her hips and leans in and yells.... "Son of a BITCH!"

Yep. My two year old.

So, I guess I need to stop cussing. I'm trying to say, "Shut the front door!" And "Holy Shinoly"... It's going to be a very hard thing.....This break up. But what break ups are easy?

Comments