COPY CAT!

When my kids get mad at each other they like to yell, "You Penis!". I'm just mortified by that. They are always screaming, "Well, you are just a huge penis!" then something gets thrown or a door slams. The answer as to why they do this fails me and completely makes my face turn red. They get in trouble for it....but still...they continue with the penis ranting.

Yesterday James Henry was home from school because of an ear ache. Violet was home too. James Henry and Violet are a lot like Maisy and Wyatt, best friends...worst enemies. James Henry was playing on the front porch with his tractors and Violet ventured his way in hopes of playing as well...no no no...not a good idea. James screamed at her to stop and get away from him. Violet put her hands on her hips, leaned forward, and screamed, "YOU PENIS!" as loud as she could.

I don't know if you have ever heard a two year old call someone a penis, and with such conviction! I know that I hadn't. I was in the kitchen and actually dropped the bowl of cookie batter I was mixing. I was shocked. I ran onto the porch to find her, hands on hips, ranting and stomping and bright red...screaming Penis.

Oh lawd. I picked her up and said, "Violet! No no! We don't talk that way! Settle down!" It is extremely hard to tell a 2 year old why we don't say certain words...especially when she hears her siblings use them.

I put her into time out, in which she said penis to me under her breath, and then started dreaming of the lecture that I would tell Maisy and Wyatt when they got home. The importance of not saying Penis.

Man. It's never boring at my house....

Comments