Clickity, Click, Click

 

One of the tricks that I used to train our Golden Retriever, Isabella Puppaleeni, was by making a clicking sound with my mouth.  I have not idea how in the world I should go about typing how it’s done…but I bet most of you can do it.  I always made that noise when I took her outside, so once she was house trained….all I had to do was click and she would come running to go out.

Violet’s chore in the house has been to let the dog out, and it seems that she has caught on to the click.  She has caught on so well, that she feels that maybe she should try this out…on me….at 4 in the morning.

Last night I was sleeping away, which is rare due to Violet’s lack of sleeping habits, when I was awoken by a tiny hand on my face.  I opened my eyes and there was Violet….and she clicked at me.  I made a weird face and thought, “What the hell…did she just click at me….at 4am?”  Then she did it again. So, I unwillingly drug my ass out of bed and walked to where she was pointing (she doesn’t tell you where to go….she just points).  As I stumbled through the kitchen she got ahead of me and turned around and made the click sound again, and smacked her hands on her knees.  Like she was calling a dog.

…..

She then turned and ran to the front door, clicked, unlocked and opened the door and went out onto the porch and opened that door.  Clicked again, and yelled, “Mama! OUTSIDE!”

At first I thought, “Oh crap. She must have gotten up and let Bella out….and Bella didn’t come back.”  But then I looked back into my room and Bella was asleep by my bed.  So, it seems that Violet woke up at 4am just to let me out to go potty.

I had no idea that I had to go. ;)

Comments