Things Wyatt says, part 3,000

Yesterday on our way into Champaign to get Violet's hair cut, Wyatt was dropping some Wyattisms like it was hot. This kid is so funny! I do wish that I had enough time and patience to just record him, because he has the most hilarious insights! Here are a few gems from yesterday:

"Mom, they never cease to amaze me. They've done it again. They've done it again." ~ said as we drove past an electronic billboard.

"Nevermind, did you see the back of that thing? Boring. If you're gonna do it...do it right. Put some guns up on it or something." ~ Said after seeing that the reverse side of the billboard had a picture of cute kids endorsing a dental office. Hmm...maybe he's right. Maybe some guns could help draw people into the dentist?....

After hearing Maisy rant and rave about how much she hates me Wyatt said, "MAISY! STOP! Have some respect! THAT WOMAN MADE YOU!" That's my boy!

"Mom. I've decided that brushing my teeth is not to my advantage. If I forget to brush my teeth than everyone steers clear of me and I have a nice quiet day with no one bothering me or asking me to play with them." ~ Ok, mr. social....

"Mom. Can I sleep with you tonight? I tried sleeping in my room and it's not working out. It's just not me. Your room, however, feels very me. I'm a green wall purple curtain type of guy."

"Maisy told me that she hates me. She wants me to get mad and fight with her. I know this. I'm onto her weird ways. Oddly enough, I'm ok with the hate. Feels good. Gets me ready for Modern Warfare 3." Oh...good.

"Mom. When you go to the store make sure you don't get killed. I just can't live without you. I love you so much. Plus, dad forgets to feed us sometimes." Truth comes out....its all about the food with this kid.

"Mom, can I have a pepsi? I know it's 9am but listen...if I have one now...then I don't have to ask you about it later. AND if you let me have one now then I won't whine and stomp around and throw a fit. See...letting me have a pepsi right now will benefit the both of us. I get that sweet sweet sugary drink and you get a little more quiet time for homework. And...we know there's not a lot of that around here...am I right?"

"I'm goin to my room. You people stress me out. If anyone even tries to come into my room I would fart SO BAD that your nose hairs will run away in terror."

So, it was pretty adorable last night that when Maisy got hurt all she wanted was Wyatt...her imaginative, entertaining, greatly hated brother, to lay down beside her and hold her hand. And he did it. For 2 hours. He just laid there and held her hand. A couple of times I walked in the bedroom and looked at them and he looked up at me with his big green eyes and said, "Mom. I'm so worried. Is she going to be ok?" Then I said, "Yes, she will be just fine." And he said, "Ok good. because I can't handle being the oldest child. There's a lot of responsibility and duty involved with that, and I'm not ready. I know this about myself and I accept it."

He's a weirdo, but an endearing one. :)

Comments