Oops...I'm not at home.

I don't know what my problem was this week--wait, yes I do. Chris took my travel coffee mug on Monday morning and then the rest of the day/week spiraled out of control. I was a mess. One minute mad, one minute sad, one minute lethargic, and then finally slap happy. I'm so happy that there is no school today because there's no telling what kind of mood I would be in next. I need a break from me.

Anyway. to get back to why I sat down to write this post. #1 I haven't written in awhile. The kids have been BORING. Well, not boring just not incredibly scary. Wyatt has been dropping some great zingers, but I'm collecting them for an over all post. He's going to be 9 on the 24th...9 going on like 59. I swear.

The main point I'm writing this post is to tell a little funny on myself. Normally, it's the kids...but I did something this week that made me truly look at who I have become. It was like one of those flashback moments that happens when you're driving that super long drive home from EIU.

I remembered that I had done something absolutely ridiculous on Thursday and realized that the kids have effected every single level of human that I am...and have shredded my modesty.

First of all I think you have all read the blog about how I am not allowed to use the bathroom with the door closed. I don't even try to shut it anymore. I simply just enter and go. When I do shut the door someone usually knocks right away, almost instantly, or screams...or hits someone else....so no closed doors for me. No privacy. I've gotten over it. I'm to the point now where I start disrobing before entering the bathroom because why waste time? I have to hurry back to folding laundry, doing homework, scrubbing Violet's crayon marks off the walls, letting the dog out and forgetting to let her back in.......(that was bad, Chris found her though! Shew!)

Thursdays are my long days in the writing center. I don't have class and I work from like 9-3 with one break at 11:15. I could not concentrate yesterday. I don't know what my problem was. I had lots to do but the writing center was relatively quiet and I was just not focusing. I spent most of the day joking around and posting funny pictures on facebook...and annoying my fellow co-workers with my constant outbursts of "HA!"

Towards the latter part of the day I made a quick trip to the bathroom. On the way there my phone rang and it was Chris telling me something trivial. I don't know if his voice triggered something or what but suddenly I went into "I'm at home mode".

I bet you see where this is going.

I hung up the phone with him and put it in my pocket. Opened the door to the bathroom and immediately undid my pants...walked about three steps and started pulling my pants down....walked into the stall...didn't shut door and went to the bathroom.

Mid-pee I realized that I wasn't at home.

!!!!!

I also realized that one of my most favorite professors Jeannie Ludlow was in the bathroom washing her coffee cups.

HA!

I was mortified! I started laughing and said, "OH MY GOSH! JEANNIE! (cause she lets you call her by her first name) I FORGOT WHERE I WAS!" She laughed and said, "It's alright. You're a mom. There is no modesty left. Don't worry."

Thank goodness it was her. Anyone else I would have probably just stroked out and died. But she's a women's studies professor and a bit granolaish...so she was the perfect person to completely mortify myself around.

I didn't tell my other writing center consultants about it because I was so embarrassed....but I have gotten over it and hopefully they read this now and get a giggle.

I guess one can never truly escape or recover from the damage children cause. ;)

Comments