Stubborn Violet

Violet hasn't broken any lamps in awhile.  This is refreshing as well as comfortable on my bank account.  I do catch her glancing at the lamp in the living room, through slanted eyes of hate, but she is currently managing to control her lamp rage.  Unless she is plotting...which could be a possibility.

Potty training is going really well with her.  We hit a wall from January-May, but now that I'm home she is going all of the time.  So often that I sometimes forget to remind her and then run to see if she has wet her pants only to find that she is dry.

I keep thinking to myself, "How am I missing these potty breaks?"  I mean I try and keep a very vigilant eye on Violet.  Yes, there are times that she escapes and the neighbor kids have to reign her in (thanks Katey, Elizabeth and Wayne), and yes there are also times that I find her hidden behind a chair coloring on my walls (which I think is genetic...thanks to myself and my mom for that one), and there are also the moments that she wanders into my bathroom and paints her toe nails...which really means paints her legs, my floor, the wall, and the toilet.

But in my defense, this house work has to get done at some point.  AND sometimes I just need to sit down and take a break.

So after about a week of this no potty accident thing yet no noticeable potty break happening, I decided that I needed to be paying closer attention.

Violet goes in and out of the house all of the time (no lock can hold her), but she usually stays in our yard...or the neighbors yard.  So, I generally have a little bit of time to run get her when I hear the door slam (because she doesn't just shut anything...everything is SLAM).

Well, yesterday I was in the basement doing laundry and I heard the door slam.  "Violet must be going outside" I told myself.  So, I managed to run up the steps (carrying a huge load of laundry...and dodging vicious spiders) and get to the front porch before she could come back in the house.

There she was.  Pants down.  Little Butt exposed.  Peeing in the driveway. Right beside the dog.

!!!!!!

"Bella had to go potty mommy.  I go potty too."

So, it seems that for the past almost month....Violet has been peeing with the dogs in the driveway.

Nothing is easy with this kid.

I don't know how anyone hasn't noticed, or perhaps my neighbors are too polite to say anything about it....but I'm struggling trying to think how I'm going to remedy this.

I don't want to go full on white trash and put a toilet in my driveway, but maybe this is an option?

Yesterday was my dad's surprise 60th birthday party, and while we were there I was telling someone my struggles with Violet.  Right as I finished telling my potty story, Violet came running by...pulled her little skirt down, showed off that cute little butt and squated right beside a tree to pee.

I was able to grab her and run to the porta potty (this was an outside event) in time....but everyone got to see Violet in action.

Why is it that I am getting Chris' payback?  This just isn't fair.

Comments