But It's SO Good

James Henry did it again. He sucumbed to the cheesy goodness of a Scooby Snack.

Which to me sounds really gross.

But I guess they're a new thing - and after spending the day mentally wasting away during the Iowa assessment tests he thought, "Hey, these snacks that my friend brought for after test snacking look good. I doubt they have anything in them that I'm allergic too...although, they do look similar to those one chips I can't eat...but yeah. Probably okay."

Nope.

Last night while I was spending my time in a migraine induced couch fog, he walked up to me and said, "The Scooby Snacks made me itchy."

I will admit to thinking that was a dream, and that maybe I had somehow fallen asleep watching Scooby Doo.

I squinted my eyes and looked up at him and was reminded of a little boy who once ate an entire bag of Sour Cream and Onion Potato Chips - and this was that same little boy.

"James Henry - what did you eat?"

"I told you, Scooby Snacks. And they weren't very good, and now I have this stupid rash."

His tale was one of woe, and he looked mournful.

"I checked already and we're out of Bendaryl. Looks like you need to go to the store."

It was -10 and windy - I was less than enthused about dragging my pounding head and cold body out to Walmart at 7pm.

"I've learned my lesson, mom. Never eat a snack that sounds too good to be true. Look at me. Look at what happens."

I thought that was a little over dramatic - but I could tell he was really just trying to make me feel a bit better about running to Walmart in the middle of an arctic wind.

I just looked at him and said, "It's a good thing you're cute" and "I still love you, but I'm really annoyed with your choices."

And then he said this, "Choice! I'm a cute kid mom. People GIVE ME SNACKS. There is no choice. You eat that snack, or you're rude. And I am NOT RUDE."

As he stomped off into the night, arms flailing in a half assed attempt at a fit.

Comments