Violet - a Case Study in Myself

People tell me all the time how busy Violet is - to which I answer, "Yes. I'm very aware."

Usually they then counter that with, "She got that from you!" And I have always said, "Nope. Nope. She's all Chris."

I've been wrong. Terribly wrong.

I decided to really watch Violet this summer and see who she takes after, and now I kind of hate myself for paying such close attention...because it's me. She's just like me.

EXCEPT Violet is VERY athletic. She can run without looking like a crippled antelope. She can play any sport, and she's super flexible. All of THAT she got from her dad.

Here are the things she got from me:

Anxiety (thanks DAD!)

Needs to be always doing something. She's BUSY. (And you know what. I guess I am too. It's one of the things that Chris doesn't understand, and I guess I don't either. All I know is that if I don't have a project, I'm lost.)

PRIDE - Yep. She's mighty prideful, and that's a beast I've been trying to tame my whole life.

If she doesn't want to do something, she's not gonna (that something can be anything from not wearing a certain color to not getting school pictures taken....Rich Mama coat ring a bell, mom?).

She has to be early. If she's not early, y'all better look out.

In fact, she's downright timely, and heaven help you if you're late (atta girl, Vi!).

Sneakiness - I pride myself in being sneaky, she's the same way. And not in a mean sneaky, but as in a "I am going to scare the HELL out of you" sneaky or "So, you say you won't go outside and play with me, wonder what happened to your cell phone? Hmmm."

Shyness - I know, you may not believe me when I say I'm shy. But I am. I'm the girl who hid in the closet for 3 straight months during my pre-school years at All God's Children. I did come out for snack time though, but I mean...who misses snack time?


All those things that drive me nuts about her (except for the timeliness and she gets mad props from me for that), are my things.


ACK!

I always thought Maisy was just like me, and I guess she is as well. I have two little mini Kelly's running around. One who inherited my athletic ability (sorry Maisy!) and the other who inherited her dad's (future softball star).

So, I've learned a lot about her and myself this summer. Enough to know this one thing:
NEXT YEAR I AM PUTTING HER IN THE SUMMER YMCA DAY CAMP BECAUSE I AM PRETTY SURE IF I DO NOT THE CHANCES OF ME SURVIVING SUMMER ARE SLIM TO NONE.

And yes. I yelled that.

(I'm so ready for school to start. I'm hard to live with)


Comments

  1. Oh my, WHY has it taken me SO LONG to find this blog???

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment