It's ok...she has Turrets.

I know that it may come as a shock to some...but sometimes Violet can be exceptionally sweet. Things that Violet does that make you go "awwww" :

1. She likes to hold hands
2. She gives great kisses
3. She is always the first to run over and say, "Are you ok!?" After you have hurt yourself. Of course she is usually the first person anywhere because she runs everywhere...
4. She is ready to dance, quite wildly and off beat, at any moment. She is a major fan of sporadic dancing.
5. She shares her food (even when you don't want her too...)
6. Going potty at our house is always fun because she stands right outside the door and cheers for you when you are done, and also gives encouraging phrases like, "You can do it!" while nodding....WHILE you are going to the bathroom.
7. She lets the dog in and out to go potty, and does a great job remembering to let the dog back in (unlike me...who forgets...all the time...Sorry Bella!)
8. Violet will help you do any kind of work at any time. She loves to get in there and get stuff done. Mop, fold laundry, sweep, dust...you name it, she's your girl.
9. She always tells me that she loves me.
10. Snuggling is her name and cuddling is her game, that kid loves to get comfy with you.

So, see..she isn't quite as evil as I paint her out to be. She does however have the mouth of a 65 year old cranky sailor. I blame the children. Maisy has decided that she can say, "A-Hole!" or rather YELL that word at her brothers...and that by doing this she isn't cussing...yeah...right. I think I have finally curbed her of it, maybe, but unfortunately she said it enough that it really sunk in with Violet. Sunk in BIG TIME. Violet knows it so well that she says it in context...quite flagrantly.

Normally she does this at home, which is upsetting and frustrating. However, until the other day she had never said it in public. I had to take her brother James Henry to the dr. on Thursday for an after surgery check up and she tagged along with us. In the Dr.'s office she wanted to play with the plastic gloves, so I blew them up into balloons and she played as quietly as she cpuld(which isn't very quiet). While I was talking to the Dr. about James Henry, Violet threw her balloon in the air and James caught it and instantly popped it. What happened next was like the moment in the Christmas Story when the little boy says, "FUDGE" in slow motion...only he doesn't say Fudge. Violet said, "A-HOLE!" as loud as she could. James started laughing, I froze, the Nurse Practitioner stopped what she was doing and looked at Violet. Violet screamed it again.

I looked at the NP and so desperately wanted to say, "It's ok, she has Turrets", but I figured that since this was the Dr they would have known that. So instead I said, "I'm sorry. It's awful. Her big sister taught her that and she likes to drop it likes its hot." The NP started laughing, after the shock ran off, so then Violet decided it was funny and did a little dance...singing A-Hole.
It went something like this: Twirl, Twirl, Stomp, (shout A-Hole), Twirl Twirl Jump (shout A-Hole twice) and then repeat.

I was mortified. The NP bit her lip and tried to say, "No, No we don't say that." But she really couldn't talk cause she was laughing.
So it was up to me to stop the A-Hole ranting.

I grabbed a sticker and put it over her mouth.

It was then that I forcibly made myself remember the 10 things that Violet does that are sweet, and I said them over and over again...and managed not to drop her off at a safe house.

Comments