A Fabulous NEW Game!

Two more weeks of driving to Charleston!  Two more weeks of me begging for silence and me threatening to jump out of the car all stunt devil like (while they are left in side). "I swear to GOD I'm going to tuck and roll if you guys don't stop it! I'm just going to jump OUT OF THIS CAR!"
Riding in a car for an hour and ten minutes, each way, has given the kids lots of time to think of fun games to play--the license plate game quickly got old.  And the kids were often annoyed that most of the plates were from the mid-west "INDIANA, AGAIN!? UGH! I QUIT! I JUST NEED TO SEE A FREAKING HAWAII PLATE! THAT'S ALL I'M MISSING!" ....yeah....

So, they have developed their own new and exciting game--points system and all.  It's called

ROAD KILL

Yep.  Road kill.  They are now spotting road kill.
Although this sounds easy, it is in fact very complicated.

First you must holler ROAD KILL and make sure everyone else in the car sees the victim.  This gets you an automatic point.

Then things get tricky.

In order to score another point you have to name the type of animal it was....which is actually harder to do than one would think.  I hear lots of "Road kill!  Right side of car! Coyote! NO! FOX! DANG! I lost a point!"

Because if you call the wrong animal you lose a point.

A successful round of road kill goes like this:

Road Kill! (make sure everyone sees) - 1 pt.
Deer (need confirmation of one other player) - 1 pt.

and here's where it gets tricky (and a little sick)

Guts hanging out and missing a leg! - 5 pts.

Now, 5 points may seem like a lot...but in all actuality I think it is a pretty appropriate number. After all, the kids have to really check that road kill out....see what's gone down.

Wyatt recently spotted a raccoon and it went something like this:

ROAD KILL! (1 pt) Passenger Side/Raccoon (1 pt) Cut in half, tail gone, possible stomach showing (5pt)

That was a big one.  We all were impressed.  The sad thing is that I don't normally play this game...and that makes me the person that has to be the fair and impartial judge...and quickly glance at the dead animal and see if the claims are true.

The bright side to this?  I'm not as squeamish as I once was....

Comments