Good Morning, Train Wreck

Violet, who has always asserted herself as a night person, is making sure the entire family knows that she does not like mornings.

Just to be extra sure we all remember this important personality trait, she is waking up at 6am everyday...running into each of our rooms and screaming, "It's wake time! Time to Wake! WAKE!"

Then when we all wake she quickly says, "Be QUIET, I'm night night!" And she will run to her room and feign sleep - laying there among the Care Bears for a solid 10 minutes of slumber. Then she wakes up for real, instantly she needs food/drink/clothes for the day and you better get to it quickly.

I've decided that by waking the rest of us up super early, she is making sure we are all clear headed and ready to meet her demands.

Yesterday went like this (post violet wake up):

"Get me biscuits please!"
I brought her biscuits.
"I don't want butter on my biscuits."
I returned buttered biscuits to kitchen, exchanging them for non-butter.
"Where is my butter!? I need butter!"
Went back to kitchen, fetched buttered biscuits.
"Thanks, mom. Please don't sit like that.
I was sitting with my knees tucked up to my chin, attempting to read a book (for a minute).
So, I stretched my legs out.
"Mom, I said don't sit like that."
I stood up.
"Sit like this!"
And she lounged, rather stiffly, against the back of the couch...with her legs sticking straight forward.
So, I did what she said.
And then I made the mistake of saying, "Man, you're bossy."

RAGE.

RAGE.

RAGE.

Her eyes became bigger than her face. She said, "WHAT?" completely incredulous.
"WHAT DID YOU SAY ME?"

"Nothing," I whispered.

"I NOT BOSSY! NOT BOSSY AT ALL! I NICE GIRL."

I backed out of the room.

"You COME BACK HERE. I need you. I need a hug."

So, I slowly walked into the room and asked her if she needed a hug.

"Violet, do you need a hug? Are you grumpy?"

"I NOT GRUMPY. I happy girl."

Said through tears.

"Violet, should you maybe go back to bed? Sleep a bit more? Try this whole wake thing over again?"

"NO YOU!"

An hour later she finally got over the grumpy mood.

"Mama, I sorry I like Daddy in the morning."

I forgave her. I always forgive people who apologize for being like daddy.

Comments